Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Make Art Challenge

A friend of mine announced she was starting a 30-day yoga challenge. Every day for the next 30 days, starting today, she intends on practicing yoga. This really got me thinking.
They say it takes 21 days to create a new habit. Discipline is not my strongest trait, (except when it comes to running). I have never been one to stick to many things, my curious and restless nature usually distracts me and next thing I know, I'm completely off the rails.
Maybe a self-imposed challenge is just what I need to get some discipline back into my art practice. So, for the next 30 days, I intend to stretch my creative muscles and make a piece of art every day. It may be a painting, it may be a drawing. It could be a collage, or a logo design (just for fun) or even just a doodle. So, here it goes. Wish me luck!

Today I was in the studio and made a couple quick pieces on paper then one on canvas.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Go MEL!!!!!! You should check out Illustration Friday too.

Sherry said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see what th rest of the month brings Mel

kate said...

congrats Mel on the new beginning...your work looks great. Isn't it liberating to just follow your intentions every day.