Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MAC – Day 8

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my Dog, Lucy.
Of course, all dog owners love their dogs, right?

Dog parents who love their dogs are great at making small talk with other dog parents. We know the names of all the neighbourhood dogs, often years before we know the parents'. We know said dogs' favourite toys, what kind of treats they like, whether they sleep in the owners' bed (a no, no, no!), and whether they prefer rawhide to real bones.

A very common question among the dog parents is, "So, how old is your Dog?". I've really been conscious of this particular question the last couple of weeks because this Friday, August 12, will be Lucy's 7th birthday.

Seven!

How can it be I have loved this Sweet Girl for seven whole years?
It seems I've loved her always.

How can it be that I have loved this Dear Dog for only seven years?
It's gone much too fast.

Today I was at my desk for most of the day working on some tedious, finicky work (yeah, the paying job). I really needed to do something loose and free. So, my favourite subject – always ready to pose – gave me my inspiration.

These are a couple blind contour drawings. For those who may not know, a blind contour is made by following along the contour of the subject with your eyes, but without looking at what you're drawing. They usually come out very loose, free and whimsical.
And these are also full of love.


No comments: