Friday, August 19, 2011

MAC – Day 18

It's been such an odd summer here on the Left Coast.
Normally we would experience long stretches of sun and warmth. Instead we have had many cool, cloudy days. Thankfully, we've been having some great weather lately, just as Summer winds down. I know Summer is winding down because I've noticed the sun setting earlier but also, the sunsets are getting better. I like the sunsets we get in September and even into October. Dramatic clouds. Cool blues and purples merging into pinks and roses, eventually turning firey orange and red.

I played with a blade and some sunset photos I had taken from the balcony a few years ago. The colours in the sky can be so incredible, as these were.
It was fun playing with the shift of colour and pattern and the space in between.

That lead me to an idea for a painting. The last image shown is the first stage of that... I'll show the rest another day, if it turns out ok!
Hope your weekend is off to a good start. Savour summer.





No comments: